History

On February 25, 1958, adjacent properties developed as cemeteries by the Lakeview Park Cemetery Association and the Storm Lake, were officially named Storm Lake Cemetery.

On January 17th, 1994, the cities of Storm Lake and Lakeside, as well as the Townships of Hayes, Washington, and Providence, formed the Storm Lake Cemetery Association to operate the cemetery.

The Storm Lake Cemetery Association Board currently has representatives from each of the cities and townships that contribute to the cemetery. This includes the cities of Lakeside and Storm Lake, as well as the townships of Hayes, Providence, and Washington